Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No Grand Oration

Barack Hussein Obama is no great communicator in the way of a Ronald Wilson Reagan, and he certainly has not (to this point anyway) delivered a speech that will endure like Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. The most I will say for Obama is that he can adequately deliver remarks that others have prepared for him. Perhaps Obama could be dubbed "President Charlie McCarthy" or the "teleprompter king". I will force myself to watch Obama's State of the Union speech tonight for the sake of my readers, but I already know the gist of what Obama will convey, which will be: So long as Republicans do not attempt to thwart the Obama agenda and go along with Obama's budget busting against the interests and wishes of their own voters, Obama will continue the "pretense of the new civility" and act as though he can even abide the presence of GOP members in Congress. The comity will not long last.

No comments: