Monday, June 27, 2011

Bounce Back Jack

I heard some distressing local news over the weekend here in the Music City. Longtime performer, producer, creative genius "Cowboy" Jack Clement had his home and studio burn down and precious, irreplaceable music memorabilia was no doubt lost. He is no young man either and such a loss at this time can not help. As a point of information, I should say I know Jack, but whether he remembers me with all the folks he has met is doubtful. The last time I interacted with Jack was thirty years back when he bought me lunch at a Mexican place called El Chico's on Murfreesboro Road in Nashville a year after his daughter Alison Clement sung at my Bar Mitzvah. I thought Jack was quite a man back then and I only wish him the best now after sustaining such a loss in the fire. I know some areas now require sprinkler systems in their building codes though the only people I ever knew who actually installed this fire protection were the Service Merchandise Zimmermans who had an art collection (along of course with the family) to safeguard. After the Clement fire and the Trace Adkins' inferno, I can only surmise that if you have the resources to retrofit your home with sprinklers or if you are doing new construction, you ought to do it. Beyond your property, the safety of your family may depend on it.

No comments: