Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tragic Airliner Crash

I have always read that taking a commercial flight is statistically much safer than driving. I think that when I am driving, I have a greater degree of control than when I leave my destiny in the hands of an airline pilot. I know millions of airplane passengers reach their destinations safely. I am aware millions of miles are flown without incident. Two of my uncles died in airplanes. My father narrowly avoided boarding a commercial flight that crashed. He kept the unused ticket the rest of his life. Today, a German passenger jet went down. Apparently, one hundred and fifty people were aboard. The plane disappeared in the Alps. It is presumed all souls were lost. This tragedy is yet another reason I will fly only when absolutely necessary.

No comments: