Friday, May 16, 2014

A Lifetime Commitment

My grandmother always told us that some spinster neighbors had told the Cohen girls that "there is a fool in the world for everybody". Evidently, these particular spinsters never found their fools. I sought a wife hither and yon but mostly yon for almost three decades. I had some prospects and came close once before, then I realized that union would have been a terrible mistake. After thirteen years, I wished her well and hoped that we would both move on to better things. I did. I found a loving, balanced, joyful girl. She is a dedicated professional but is more dedicated to her family, and she is absolutely dedicated to me. And I am just as devoted to her and want to seal the deal. When the Lord brings two people together, none can tear them asunder. May each and every one of us be led to our blessed union.

No comments: