Wednesday, October 29, 2014

When Reality Intrudes

For the life of me, I can not understand why people tune into reality television. I also do not know why Hollywood can find so few capable of writing a script. Reality TV presents a distorted reality at best because most of those being filmed alter their behavior in the presence of cameras. Now several "performers" are in legal jeopardy or even headed to jail on different reality series. Is your reality so mundane that you vicariously embrace the "reality" of others? Do you think what you are watching is completely authentic? If you do, you probably think professional wrestling is not scripted and rehearsed. The most real aspect of reality programs is the advertising revenue they rake in, which comes down to a huge audience of lonely people trying to escape the ennui of their everyday existence. Now, I have to quit this writing to go watch me some "raslin".

No comments: