Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On Restricting Guns

I know my neighbors. They are responsible, honest people. If they owned machine guns and bazookas, it would not trouble me because I know they would never use them for an evil purpose. I do not want someone possessed of a criminal mentality to have access to a firearm or to even be able to threaten my family with a butter knife. It is not a weapon that poses a threat but an individual. The National Rifle Association just like the Republican Party seems to be folding like a tent in a windstorm, and is not the organization it was when the late Charlton Heston so eloquently spoke to guard our rights. Gun Owners of America is the true voice of liberty and are the logical inheritors of Charlton Heston's legacy of protecting our freedoms. I am an absolutist when it comes to preserving the Second Amendment because when you compromise on these rights, you are inviting tyranny.

No comments: