Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stop the Rain

No this post does not concern the fine Creedence Clearwater Revival song of a similar name, but is something of an entreaty to the Lord for Nashville and areas across Tennessee which are just recovering from our epic flood of May only to have to worry about another deluge. Perhaps we should be receiving the message from on high that each of us needs to turn from the error of our ways and individually look to Him for our salvation or indeed we may have forty days and forty nights of cleansing. I do not believe in man-caused global warming but I remain unshakable in my faith in God-caused climate change. So I will now echo the sentiments I saw on a signboard worn by a street preacher near the old Ryman some time back- "Repent". Flood or not, seek redemption before it is too late.

No comments: