Sunday, August 22, 2010

Incredibly Invasive Government

I had lunch with a dear friend Friday and she forwarded a more detailed US Census questionnaire that she is sadly being subjected to- "the American Community Survey". This document goes far beyond the scope of the original Census as Constitutionally constructed by the Founding Fathers. The questions include queries about race and national origin, you know the kind of questions employers are specifically prevented from asking potential workers. Inquiries are made about income, when one rises for work, where and how one is employed, how one travels to work, even questions about disability are present. What does any of this have to do with a Doomsday Book capitation that the US Constitution mandates? This form is as invasive as the Internal Revenue Service and had I received one I would consult an attorney about where I had to comply and what I could not answer within the realm of law.

No comments: