Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Question of Integrity

Those who have read this blog on multiple occasions may recall ads used to appear here. I as the author and editor of this web log had joined a service called AdSense that GOOGLE affords its publishers that was supposed to offer recompense. I never made any effort to artificially inflate my web hits or ad clicks nor encouraged others to, yet I was stricken from the program. The powers that be at this immense corporation somehow ferreted out some canny manipulation on my part. This is remarkably funny to me because I have no knowledge of html code, am not the least bit technically savvy, and am on a dial-up Internet service provider. Someone might conclude that I was removed from the program because I enunciated a right-wing opinion. It was certainly well within the company's discretion to do so. They can act arbitrarily as was clearly disclosed in their terms and conditions. After all, I am not the murdering government of Red China who those phony "do no harm" heavy GOOGLE operators kowtow to with their self-imposed censorship, complying with mass murderers' demands, and probably providing the Chinese authorities with the means to know who is daring to speak against them online, I'm just a bitter clinger flipping through my Bible in Nashville, Tennessee.

No comments: