Tuesday, December 13, 2022

A Lowe's Moment

I went to a hardware superstore that is part of a huge national chain to try to match some unusual lightbulbs. I was able to find an employee rather quickly, who told me the lighting products were in Aisle 10. I could not locate the second of the rare bulbs I was seeking, so I asked the lady monitoring self-check if she could find me some help and she indeed requested it over the intercom. There were Lowe's associates all over the place with their snazzy little red "customer service" vests on, but none came to assist me. The store was surfeit with Lowe's people, and I stopped one of the "customer service" pros to help me find a product to spend money at this location. He said he was "too busy"  because "corporate people" were there. If you are too busy to help a customer, maybe you do not need to be in business. 

No comments: