Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Saw for Myself

Thankfully, I had (and have) no need for a new vehicle, so I have not been on a car dealer lot since before COVID (or at least before anyone was concerned about the pandemic here in Nashville, Tennessee). I was astounded yesterday when I was killing some time by looking at cars while my Mom had her semiannual physical. I went to an Acura dealer where we bought a car over twenty years ago. They had no new Acuras on their lot (zilch, zero, absolutely NONE). I proceeded to the the Lexus dealer, where we purchased our last automobile. They had one sedan in their new car showroom, precisely a single vehicle in new inventory. They wanted seven thousand dollars over new sticker price for a 2022 Lexus with thirteen thousand miles on it on the used side of the Lexus agency. What America is suffering bears the hallmarks not of a recession but a depression. 

No comments: