Thursday, August 6, 2020

Just Tuning Out

My best friend played football on a national champion University of Tennessee team. My uncle played both football and basketball at the University of Virginia. Several of my cousins were varsity football players at UT-Knoxville and Vanderbilt. My uncle by marriage came to Vandy on a football scholarship. I have always enjoyed watching sports. Now, that pro sports have insulted my values, I am simply tuning out. I am not spending another cent on pro sports gear- no more Tennessee Titans merchandise for me. I am not going to be lectured by self-indulgent twenty-four year old multimillionaires about my privilege. Maybe, if they end their political grandstanding, one day I will come back, but only if they show they love our country and demonstrate they no longer hold their own fans in utter contempt.

No comments: