Friday, August 29, 2014

The "Top Stories"

Was the public manipulated by Facebook? I always had my news feed set to "most recent". The feed would mystically keep going back to "top stories". The "top stories" appearing constantly disputed my world view. Facebook must have known with "likes" of Rush Limbaugh and Allen West and favorite book being Atlas Shrugged that I am a conservative, but stories with a Leftist bent dominated the news feed and I was frequently asked to "like" a progressive cause or liberal politician. I would switch my feed back to "most recent" trying to avoid the propaganda but lo and behold, within hours, the news feed was switched back to "top stories" which were almost all liberal claptrap. Also, people I hardly know but who support the Leftist agenda and post accordingly seemed to monopolize posts from "friends". My fellow right wingers apparently seldom or never posted or what they posted mysteriously never was "shared" on Facebook feeds. Could it be that the powers that be at Facebook might have had an agenda at variance from America's conservatives?

No comments: