Saturday, June 20, 2009

Liberal Versus Conservative

When I want to expand my mind, I don't smoke a joint, I read a book. When I want news, I go to the Drudge Report, I don't turn on Comedy Central. When I lost a job, I didn't go to a government training center, but to the first place I saw a help wanted sign. I have obligations to meet, and no labor is beneath me. I don't believe in moral relativism, but fervently believe in the Uncaused First Cause. I have given to charity, but would die before I accepted any (this is not a judgement on those who need assistance, but a statement of self-worth solely from my own perspective. Those with physical or mental impairments that preclude productive labor deserve help). I would lay down my life before I give up my liberty. I see America as the greatest nation to ever exist on earth-a divinely-inspired and consecrated enterprise. As a grandchild of Jewish immigrants, I can not conceive of anyone not recognizing the unique liberty, safety, freedom of expression and religion that this country has brought forth for the world. I am eternally grateful that I am here in the USA, the liberator and defender of freedom.

No comments: