Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's Only Natural

I shop at a grocery in a rather tony enclave called Belle Meade. I happened through the baby food aisle as we feed an elder canine baby beef. There, two well-turned out young mothers were discussing the benefits of the ultra-expensive organic food they were buying their children. They were firmly convicted that only the all-natural would do. I wanted to tell them hemlock is perfectly natural, but you certainly would not want to eat it. I noticed natural Mom number one had a color hair treatment in her cart. Mom number two had Froot Loops in her cart-certainly nothing artificial there. One may conclude that organic is a tremendous marketing technique for the vacuous, just like green marketing to those who believe their little purchase can save the environment. Marketing by the mendacious aimed at the stupid sounds perfect to me.

No comments: