Saturday, November 4, 2017

No Simple Answers

The drug problem in America will not be solved easily. There are not sufficient in-patient facilities or treatment beds. Addicts who want help to quit apparently can not find or afford medical intervention too many times. I would suggest that an enormous tax be placed on the marijuana business where it has been made legal to fund additional drug treatment facilities. I would suggest draconian sentences for drug dealers. If the nation does not have the stomach for a Duterte approach for wiping out pushers, I would hope life sentences would be meted out for all large scale drug dealers or any drug dealer who sells narcotics to children. I would also institute mandatory drug testing for welfare recipients with termination of benefits for those who test positive as I would not want our generous nature abused to fund drug habits. I would also authorize the US military to assist foreign countries in drug production eradication efforts in every instance where those drugs find their way onto US streets.

No comments: