Monday, February 20, 2012

Doctor as Executioner

Only now are we coming to the realization that any or all of us may end our lives at the hands of "medical predation" (predation as in the patient being finished off with the physician as the hunter- this is not hyperbole but precisely what befell my Father). Only when my Dad's orchestrated death was an accomplished fact did I have the opportunity to explore medical futility/futile care policy and what I have discovered is terrifying. I encourage you to take to heart the work of Wesley J. Smith and commend this article especially to you:http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2011/03/15/proposed-futile-care-hospital-policy-would-allow-committees-to-overrule-patient-advance-directives/. If enough of us militate now against this medical obscenity, perhaps we will avert having to die this way ourselves later.

No comments: