Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Chaos Theory

This column will deviate somewhat from my typical bill of fare because I am trying to reconcile certain events in my mind. First, let me state definitively that I believe in the Uncaused First Cause because nothing ever sprang forth from nothing, hence my faith in the Creator. So much of what transpires on this realm, the earth, and beyond it is well beyond the scope of human comprehension, and until we meet our Maker we have not the slightest ability to discern His Will. I only know as I grow older (now within weeks of turning forty-five) that aspects of this life are more enigmatic than ever. I have a neighbor, former classmate, and friend who had one child, the only one she will ever have, who was as close to perfect as a parent could want, and I found today that at the tender age of twenty, in a rollover accident where he was a backseat passenger, his life was taken from him. I grieve with his Mom and Dad and mourn his passing because no doubt, a straight arrow like him would have accomplished more great things had he only had the opportunity. I have another classmate and friend, one of the genuine nice guys and a great intellect, going through a miserable battle with cancer of the tongue, a productive person who was always there with a hand and someone who should have his best years ahead of him. I do not dwell on my own mortality, but I continually wonder why the good are stricken or taken away from us so fast. Still, I have not fallen into the arms of Abraxas or the trap of Deism. In a world where individual life means so little, it is still of monumental importance to that individual. I am far too insignificant to grasp His Will.

No comments: