Monday, November 17, 2008

Car Crash IV

My friend Mike Boltiere had a pretty sister, slightly older named Robyn. I had only met her a couple of times, but she was twentyish, vivacious, with dark features of Mediterranean beauty that I like. I enjoyed her company and thought I might have the chance to date her. I never did. She went to a ladies night at a club near our National Guard Armory. Witnesses later reported she had more than five drinks. There is a shipping hub for eighteen wheelers near the military depot and the nightclub. She pulled in front of a big rig on her departure presumably for home, and she and her car were knocked down a hill. I went to her funeral-the first open casket service I ever attended. She looked intact, but Mike who had seen her before the cosmetic morticians worked her over, told us the side of her face had been torn away.

No comments: