Saturday, January 6, 2024

An Old Pattern

Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell, Eddie George and other Oiler/Titan greats finished their playing careers someplace else. Adams's family loyalty to players does not exist. Expect Derrick Henry to soon find himself on another team in a different city. I am not saying that any of those players were at the peak of their playing days when they were let go, and I am aware that football is a game of diminishing returns with age, but I would think with an adequate offensive line, Henry will still be a productive running back. I do not think Nashville taxpayers should have been saddled with the obligation of enriching the Adams's football enterprise because our citizens are not seeing a competitive team in the stadium we are subsidizing, and even if we were, I don't like working folks being forced to feather the nests of billionaires. 

No comments: