Sunday, February 12, 2023

Perhaps Actually Hypocrites

For about a year after athletes started joining the BLM protests with their kneeling antics, I stopped watching sports, the viewing of which had been a lifelong passion. I started again after hearing one of my very few idols Rush Limbaugh talking about watching sporting events even after he had expressed disgust (which I obviously shared) at the demonstrations. I figured if Limbaugh with all his (righteous) bloviating could go back to being a spectator, so could I. I also find it ironic that one of Rush's putative replacements, who I rarely listen too because they are such a downgrade, Clay Travis, made his bones with sports commentary. It is very hard for me to look at games with the most divisive and polarizing actions by participants, often including broadcasters and their entire networks, when I realize they are trying to tear us apart. Why will the so-called "Black National Anthem" be incorporated into today's Super Bowl pregame. We are one nation, one planet, and one race (the HUMAN one). All these deliberate efforts to turn folks against each other being foisted upon us by national leaders, corporate leaders, self-anointed "thought" and "opinion" leaders, and even millionaire sports figures serves only their interests, not ours. 

No comments: