Thursday, October 7, 2021

Not Far Enough

There is an infestation of homeless within a few miles of my house. I had one experience where one of these derelicts asked me for money, saying he,"had been in the Army". I asked, "What was your MOS?" This liar attempting to defraud me did not know what that universal US Army term meant (Military Occupational Specialty). On another occasion, I was confronted by two apparent vagrants in the West Nashville Walmart parking lot trying to block me from my car. My forty pound male dog, sensing I was threatened, leapt out my VW window and ran to me and the panhandlers fled. On another occasion one of the bums claimed he needed gas money to "get home to Mississippi". I did not assist him and he was still in that gas station parking lot two days later trying to con other motorists. These folks are often drug addicts and/or mentally ill, and some are definitely dangerous. Their prevalence is a stain on Nashville.

No comments: