Wednesday, February 19, 2020

What to Recycle

I am not a tree hugger. I believe in climate change, not because of activity by humankind, but because the climate has and always will change. It is up to people to have the ingenuity to adapt as we are not powerful enough to initiate or reverse these changes. I do recycle because there is limited landfill space in my hometown of Nashville (and I presume many other places). There is always a question here as to what is and is not recyclable. In Louisville, the town where I formerly resided, it was always pretty clear what recycling would accept. In Nashville, they change what they will accept regularly. It used to be only back clam shell containers were not accepted. Now, it is cardboard boxes unless they are broken down. If Nashville authorities want recycling, they should keep the rules consistent.

No comments: