Wednesday, January 1, 2014

To New Beginnings

Promise or peril- what will 2014 hold? Only time will tell but likely both in abundance. I predict that what is passing for a peace process in the conflict Palestinians have waged on the Jews will turn out to be all process, no peace. I foresee Republican gains in both the US House and Senate largely because in its implementation, Obama Care will prove to be much worse than a botched roll out. I see Red China becoming even more aggressive over the Senkaku Islands, and Assad using ever greater brutality with Iran's blessing and backing to maintain his rule over Syria. I warn now that the sign that Iran has completed their nuclear project may well be an attempt at an atomic attack on Tel Aviv. The year we have just entered will prove we live in interesting times.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

And what are your thoughts on Fukushima? I'm thinking the danger level is somewhere between the Alex Jones/fear monger site hysterics and the government's calm silence.

Illuminate said...

My thoughts on the Japanese nuclear mishap are that the world survived two atomic bombs dropped on Japan, numerous underground tests of nuclear weapons, and several atmospheric nuclear tests, and we will survive Fukushima too. I would not want to spend much time around the stricken plant though.