Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lost Is Found

I have for the second time on this forum the chance to chronicle a modern day miracle (the first being my humor piece The Goose Jihad on January 15, 2009 to celebrate the Hudson forced landing in which by God's grace and the pilots' and flight crews' skill, all survived). I spent large portions of my youth in Florida, second throughout my life only to the time I have spent in my own home state of Tennessee. I know how rough and foreboding the back country can be, complete with snakes and alligators, and dense foliage that makes an easy walk impossible in many places. An eleven year old girl, Nadia Bloom had disappeared in these certainly inhospitable and possibly dangerous surroundings and been missing for four (4) days. As hundreds sought after her, some must have feared the worst, but one man, James King, who literally brought his Bible, kept the faith, and decided to listen for and heed the voice of God. And like Moses being guided to the Holy Land, James King was led to the girl in distress. With God's help, James King rescued Nadia Bloom from her peril. God bless them both.

No comments: