Saturday, May 28, 2022

More About Kapler

Gabe Kapler is a Leftist who calls himself "Jewish". I happen to be a Southern Jew. Unlike Kapler's parents, my family did not protest against the conflict in Vietnam. In fact, my first cousin who could have received an automatic exemption as an MIT-trained physiicist went to the fighting in Southeast Asia because he did not want anyone else to do his dying for him. My uncle was killed on a B-24 in World War II serving the country he loved. I was raised around guns and learned early how to handle them. My grandparents owned a liquor store that was robbed at gunpoint a dozen times after 1968 and my grandfather had to shoot a robber who was trying to shoot him. My progenitors were nothing but grateful to be Americans. My great grandmother told us how lucky we were to be here where no Cossacks were coming to slaughter the family. She said we should "kiss the ground" for being here. Kapler should learn some gratitude that his ancestors had the good fortune to make it into the United States, otherwise, he likely would not even exist.

No comments: