Sunday, January 2, 2022

Old Year Analysis

Nothing killed me in 2021, and I am certainly grateful for that. I can speak much more definitively about what has transpired than what will come, though past is prologue (from The Tempest by William Shakespeare). Too many people died of COVID last year, and some of those deaths were likely preventable had early treatment been administered. Other Coronavirus deaths were needless as well with actively sick folks brought into nuring homes to infect those who otherwise would not have been exposed. They say hindsight is 20/20 but you did not have to be a genius to know that putting infected patients in with the medically-vulnerable would have tragic consequences. Last year, unscrupulous people exploited the pandemic and fear over it for all it was worth. I am sure the same trick will be tried in 2022. I just wonder if the masses will tire of it.

No comments: