Saturday, January 18, 2020

Running the Numbers

I am not concerned with what the Democrats will do in the US Senate. I know what they will do. They will vote uniformly for conviction of President Trump (with the possible exception of West Virginia's Joe Manchin, who must recognize a guilty vote against the innocent President so popular in his home state is career suicide). It is the Judas faction of the GOP I worry about, Mitt Romney, Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Lamar Alexander, the disgrace who happens to be one of my two US Senators in Trump-friendly Tennessee. These turncoats will give the coup-orchestrating liars a sheen of bipartisanship in their impeachment ploy. I believe all four of these never-Trumpers will vote guilty. The Democrats will not pull off enough Republicans to remove our President but may even have more than the four Republican defections I anticipate, more than enough to taint Trump and hinder his reelection.

No comments: