Tuesday, July 30, 2019

One Billion Severed

Any American who has had to deal with foreign call centers in all likelihood never wants to deal with them again, and many are willing to pay more to avoid it. Decades ago, I had my first encounters with outsourced technical support, having to interact with contemptuous folks in India, who automatically presumed I was an idiot and who all too often were incomprehensible on the phone. Later, I found interacting with the Philippines was almost as bad, though the employees there seemed less arrogant. I feel like I have won the lottery when I actually reach US call support. I would gladly pay a premium for a product to ensure that it uses only American call centers. I think many other American consumers would gladly pay more as well to have quick answers by people who are easily understood. I often never make a purchase again from a company once I realize that they have taken jobs away from my countrymen and caused me headaches by directing calls to them to foreign shores.

No comments: