Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Chihuahua Cough

I was shopping at the West Nashville location of the world's largest retailer. In the men's department of the Arkansas-based giant, a Mexican coughed right in my face (of course, without attempting to cover his mouth). When I approached one of the registers, he was checking out in front of me with his wife and three children, including what I presume is their "anchor baby". In spite of the fact that the parents evidently did not speak a word of English, they knew all about our welfare system, and they paid for two shopping carts of food with with an EBT card. I would assume they also take advantage of the TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) that is available to them due to their little red, white, and blue bundle. I am certain that the volume of merchandise they purchased, or rather, more properly, we purchased for them, exceeded one hundred dollars; yet, as they left, I did not hear them thank a single taxpayer. No nation that abandons heritage and patrimony and gives foreigners enormous largess at the expense of citizens can survive.

No comments: