Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Third World Country

In a remarkably short time, the United States has transformed herself from a First World nation, in fact the leader of the Free World, capable of liberating the oppressed and sending men to the moon, to a sullen shadow of her former self, who can not even contain an oil spill. More than a year ago, before the US Presidential election, I wrote on these pages, "Elect a Third World leader, get a Third World nation." How sadly prophetic my words have turned out. Even on the dinosaur media's ABC Good Morning America, a Louisiana Democratic Congressman agreed with me and echoed not only my sentiments but verbatim used my words as Charlie Melancon said the handling by Washington of the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico was like "a Third World country". It is a shame that my prediction was borne out. I neither sought nor desired this tragic outcome and only wish that America was improving, but with the dread knowledge that under Obama, the situation is dire and will only fall with more deterioration, our freedoms threatened, and our lives vastly worse. 

No comments: