Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No Dream Sequence

It is surreal or should be to wake to news that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has had to change a press conference from the National Press Club to telephonic interviews due to the blizzard conditions that have paralyzed Washington D.C. along with vast swathes of the Eastern seaboard and Midwest. The press conference had been originally scheduled of course to address man-caused global warming. The irony was lost on the flacks at NOAA who persist with the line (lie) that Al Gore and those who will profit immeasurably from carbon credits trading have so successfully pushed on the gullible that seas are rising, glaciers melting, and winters fading away. So as I sit only a couple miles distant geographically from Al Gore's energy guzzling manse, I am it seems in a wholly other universe trapped in my house by Nashville's second large snowfall in two weeks. I guess at Al "the king of global warming" Gore's estate the sun is shining and the yard is verdant, green with the bounty of warming. As for me, I can not even see a blade of grass under all that snow.

No comments: