Saturday, December 7, 2013

Yearning for Warming

As we endure an early winter deep freeze, I am hoping for some of that man-caused global warming Al Gore promised was coming our way. I had hoped with all the hysteria about how man was killing the planet, that I would have beach-front property up here in Nashville by now, but alas, no such luck. It was just cold enough last night that the doors of our old gas-guzzling Honda Odyssey froze shut. Maybe, to warm the earth up a bit, if every human in the world runs every light bulb, every appliance, and all the vehicles simultaneously, we can raise the global temperature one-tenth of one degree. I hope old wooden Al is right one of these days- it will spare me a trip to Florida when I want to take a dip in the Gulf- I can just step off the porch to use my snorkel.

No comments: